Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Saving Paws Rescue Arizona! We are always happy to have help with our SPR dogs. Below are some of the common questions we receive about volunteering, followed by the volunteer application. Once your application has been submitted please be patient as all staff members are volunteers and are not compensated for their time and expenses; many juggle family and full-time careers while volunteering at Saving Paws Rescue. As a result, it may take up to 5 days to process an application. Thank you!
What are your hours for volunteering?
Our Morning Volunteer opportunities at the Dog House are from:
Monday – Saturday 5 am – noon
Sunday Starting at 6 am – noon
Evening Volunteer hours at the Dog House are on:
Monday – Sunday 4 pm – 8:30 pm
** You do not need to do an entire shift each time you volunteer.
What areas are you looking for volunteers?
We are happy for any help we receive! Some of the areas include:
- House / facility cleaning
- Dog socialization (walking, playing, grooming)
- Dog care (kennel cleaning)
- Transportation ( taking dogs to vet, picking up dogs, donation pick up)
- Events (set up, tear down, booth work)
Can I volunteer if I’m under 18 years old?
Due to the nature of the size and breed of the dogs we work with, we are unable to allow volunteers under the age of 18. But, there are still ways to help our SPR dogs! Children under 18 are encouraged to think about other ways in which they can help the rescue with ideas like:
- Fundraising drives at your school, boy or girl scout club
- Collecting items from friends and family to donate from the SPR Wish List
- Have your birthday party be a dog toy collection event with guest bringing a toy to donate instead of a gift
If you have an idea for a donation drive or fundraiser, you can email us at email@example.com.